Sunday, July 23, 2006

posted by ran

An Israeli Dream

I have a dream Today
I have a dream that young Israelis would drive to Beirut not mounted on fighter planes but rather in their dad's old car, just for a vacation
I have dream that young Palestinian girls would post on their room walls not posters of Shahids, but posters of popular singers
I have a dream that heads of state would be brave enough to lead and do what is right and just and not follow the mobs calling for holy wars
I have a dream that people of all religion in the middle east would understand each other's right to exist
I have a dream that hope will be given to every man and woman so they may not act out of deep despair
I have a dream that people will be brave enough to look into their (and their governments) own doings with a free mind and a genuine desire to bring peace to our lands (instead of futile anger)
I have a dream that the Palestinian People will achieve real and full independence in the occupied territories but will also learn to accept Israel's right to exist peacefully side by side
I have a dream that Israelis will feel safe enough and accepted by their Arab neighbors to call their government to abandon nuclear weapons.
I'll conclude paraphrasing Martin Luther King's words (I have just changed the place names)
"Go back to Beirut, go back to Gaza, go back to Tel Aviv, go back to Jerusalem, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home